The meaning of the name Melinda
The name Melinda is a baby girl name and has different meanings in different areas of the world:
- The meaning of Melinda means Gentle in Greek. This name is a Greek baby name.
- The American meaning for the name Melinda also means: Gentle (most like after the Greek name).
- However, the name Melinda is Latin means Honey
- and the English version of the name Melinda is actually a mix of the names Melissa and Linda.
Traits of People with the name
The numerology of the name Melinda for people who have this name naturally have a need to work with other people, as well as have a strong desire to have a stable and great relationship with their family, as well as a great community.
People with this name are also extremely dedicated to having a solid foundation of both order and service in their lives. They may also be a bit quick-tempered and overly cautious, but they’re also really good at managing and saving their money.
Popularity of the Name Melinda
The popularity of Melinda was quite popular in 1973 at number 72nd in the US. However, in 1990, it was only one of the top 1000 names in the United States until 2002 where its popularity decreased again.
In 2015 it was not in the top 100 baby girls’ names in England.
Famous People Called Melinda
There are quite a few popular and successful leading ladies that also share the name Melinda:
- Melinda Messenger the English model and TV host.
- Melinda Bush (Illinois Senator)
- Melinda Clarke (American Actress)
- Melinda Gates (Philanthropist and wife of Bill Gates)
- Melinda Gainsford-Taylor (Australian athlete)
- Melinda Lo (American author)
- Melinda Saxe (American magician)
Discover the meaning and popularity of other English girls’ names